Sunday, July 23, 2006



Ch. 3 -- In My Own Pool

I open my eyes and close my self
dislike to see what I see of myself
in the mirror of terror

Dream fools
Depression rules

Today stands still
like a forgotten shadow of an abandoned ancient mill
nothing's real or unreal
It may not instantly kill
but sure it grinds down a good man's will

Tomorrow comes and goes
skipping Today every time
straight to Yesterday's hollow grave
Which may not be a crime
but sure it brings no hopes for any of the young and brave
or the old and rave

Alcohol fools
Depression rules

I stand still in the middle of the one-way Time Street
counting days come and days go
More than once or twice I lost count of my sheep
having been startled by the squealing shriek
of the coming of Tomorrow

Time fools
Depression rules

I close my eyes and open my self
by the Time's empty shelf
I am glad to see I am only my own fool
drowning in my own pool
of sorrow

Photo Copyright: Przemyslaw Lyskawa

No comments: